Dr Lévy is licensed by the French National Professional Council of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeons, with license number 921212601. He is approved by the French medical insurance funds. He trained at the largest orthopaedic surgery wards in Paris.
He is currently an Affiliate Practitioner at Ambroise Paré Hospital in Boulogne where he works each week offering percutaneous minimally-invasive surgery for hallux valgus. He holds appointments at his Parisian clinic in the Espace Santé Européen, and at the Clinique de Meudon La Forêt in Meudon La Forêt.
- Former Foundation Doctor at the Paris Hospitals (2004–2009)
Trained in hip, knee, ankle, foot, shoulder and carpal tunnel surgery and in sport surgery.
- Former Head of Department at the Paris Hospitals – Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma Medicine at Ambroise Paré Hospital (2009–2011)
Trained in shoulder surgery with Professor Philippe Hardy
- Trained in percutaneous foot surgery (hallux valgus) with Dr Thomas Bauer
- Member of the French Society of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery (SOFCOT)
- Member of the French Society of Arthroscopy (SFA)
MASTER OF BIOLOGICAL AND MEDICAL SCIENCES:
- Clinical and Epidemiological Research, PARIS VII – 2001
- Certificate in Anatomy, Imaging and Morphogenesis, PARIS V – 2001
- Diplôme d’Etudes Spécialisées (postgraduate qualification) in General Surgery – 2010
- Diplôme d’Etudes Spécialisées Complémentaires (postgraduate qualification) in Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery – 2010
- Diplôme Inter Universitaire (inter-university qualification) in Arthroscopy, Prof. Hardy, PARIS OUEST – 2009
- Undergraduate Degree in Hand and Arm Surgery, Prof. Dumontier, PARIS VI – 2008
- Undergraduate Degree in Functional and Surgical Anatomy of the Locomotor System, Prof. Gagey, PARIS V- 2006
- Percutaneous Surgery of the Forefoot (in collaboration with Dr T. Bauer – 9 April 2015, School of Surgery, Paris
- Arthrolab Arthrex – Shoulder Arthroscopy – 29 January 2015
- Workshops on Percutaneous Surgery of the Forefoot (in collaboration with Dr T. Bauer – 12 April 2014, School of Surgery, Paris
Training in Shoulder Arthroscopy for Heads of Department at the Paris Hospitals – 3 April 2014, School of Surgery, Paris
- Second Science Meeting of the Pôle de Santé du Plateau – 29 November 2014 – Meudon: Surgical treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee: state of play
- First Science Meeting of the Pôle de Santé du Plateau – 16 November 2013 – Meudon: Percutaneous Surgery of the Forefoot; Latest Developments in Shoulder Surgery
- SFA 2012 – Lille – December 2012:
Prospective comparative study of the arthroscopic repair of complete rotator cuff tears with and without injection of Autologous Conditioned Plasma
- SFA 2011 – Marne La Vallée – December 2011:
Removal of material from the proximal humerus and arthroscopic arthrolysis of the shoulder: feasibility and results
- Paris Orthopaedic Discussions (Pitié-Garches) – Paris – May 2007:
Femoral revisions of THR with cementless stems
- SOFCOT 2006 – Paris – November 2006:
Changes in patellar height due to medial addition high tibial osteotomy
- Ile de France Orthopaedic Meeting – Paris – October 2006:
Study of variations in pelvis position in lateral decubitus on the operating table during a total hip replacement
- Patellar height relevance in opening-wedge high tibial osteotomy.
El Amrani MH, Lévy B, Scharycki S, Asselineau A.
Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2010 Feb;96(1):37-43.
- Ultrasound-guided percutaneous tenotomy of the long head of the biceps tendon: a non-reliable technique.
Lévy B, Ducat A, Gaudin P, Maqdés A, Brasseur JL, Klouche S, Hardy P.
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2012 Jun;20(6):1027-30.
- The feasibility and results of an arthroscopic removal of humeral locking plates and glenohumeral arthrolysis after proximal humeral fractures.
Maqdes A, Levy B, Klouche S, Hardy P.
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc. 2013 Feb 9
- Prospective comparative study of the arthroscopic repair of complete rotator cuff tears with and without injection of Autologous Conditioned Plasma
M. Ferrand, B. Levy, S. Klouche, T. Bauer, P. Hardy
Revue de Chirurgie Orthopédique et Traumatologique 98(8):S439–S440.
- Pain after ACL plasty using the All-inside technique vs. classic technique: a comparative prospective randomised study
H. Benea, B. Levy, S. Klouche, T. Bauer, F. Bussiére, N. Solignac, , Y. Bohu, G. Cohen, G. Tomoaia, P. Hardy
Revue de Chirurgie Orthopédique et Traumatologique 12/2011; 97(8):S493–S494.
- Removal of material from the proximal humerus and arthroscopic arthrolysis of the shoulder: feasibility and results
T. Bauer, B. Levy, A. Maqdes, S. Klouche, P. Hardy
Revue de Chirurgie Orthopédique et Traumatologique 12/2011; 97(8):S481. DOI: 10.1016/j.rcot.2011.09.027